Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Test run

On Sunday we loaded up the bikes to ride to East Lake for a trial run. We met some cross country riders going west at the gas station by Newell's on our way. It started to feel a bit more real, especially when we realized we were biking directly into the wind and that even at 5 pm, the thermometer read well over 100 degrees.

For dinner on our wood burning Sierra stove, we made pasta with tomato sauce - our first meal on the road.



Close up of the stove

































Liz models the day-glo safety vest going home.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Girls!
This looks SOOOOOOOO awesome. Only one day till you're on the road, having a blast! Just wanted to say that I'm wishing you a really good time, take care and hope to see you in North Newton in September!!

Nice blog by the way, gonna read it every day and follow your exciting tour!

Talk to you later!
Miriam

5:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey guys,
blah blah blah cool stove blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah you guys blah rock blah blah you're my blah inspiration blah blah and blah my heroes blah blah blay see you blah blah in winfield blah.

kim

9:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Heidi,
this Amanda Heather's niece.

I miss you because I like never see you.

I hope that I can see you again real soon.you sound like lots of cool fun.

This trip sounds like alot of fun maybe when I grow I will do the same this with MY friend LIZ. That would be fun. Well I will send you more comments later.

~Amanda

6:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home