Monday, August 07, 2006

Some words from (sight impaired) heidi

It’s our rest day in Baker City, and my camera isn’t compatible with the library’s computers, so there is still no way to post pictures. I’m letting Liz do the “real” update because my contacts are bothering me and I don’t want to stare at the screen right now, but I wanted to drop in my two cents as well. We’re staying at this rather ritzy RV park (the “Holiday Trav-l Park”) with a hot tub, pool, and great neighbors who own a new Airstream Bambi. It’s one of our last days in Oregon, and after nearly 700 miles here, I’m excited to be preparing for a new state. I feel as though I really know Oregon, after traversing much of it on the bicycle, and I’m excited to finally have enough miles down to feel like we really are doing this.

There’s much more to say, but I’ll leave that up to Liz. Ciao for now.
heidi

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hiedi & Liz,

Glad you got to Baker City. "John Day Fossil" sounds very interesting. I love the way you two describe your adventures. Keep it up! Ruth (Mom)

3:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Heidi and Liz-----Oregon bids farewell to you! May Idaho and beyond welcome you. Keep on spinning. Mike and Monica.

3:24 PM  
Blogger rcombs said...

Idaho! I was just there. It was great. I'm sure it will be for ya'll as well...

5:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Way to go girls! Heidi, we'll be talking about your trip tomorrow on the ladies ride! You are awesome! Pat Reel

9:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Liz and Heidi -- just got up to date on your adventures. Sounds like you're having a wonderful, memorable time! Glad you haven't fallen off any mountains, encountered any hungry wildlife and, Liz, I'm REALLY glad you haven't had to resort to using that pencil. Somebody could get hurt. Anyway, stay safe, keep peddling and we'll see you at Winfield!

Take care - Lisa

8:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home